smallest 100 yard group

remingtonman_25_06

Well I've shot some pretty small groups with my .222 rem, some that measured .1" and a lot that are .25" or .2", but I have never ever shot a group that went .0" that was untill I got my winchester model 70 in 25-06. I worked up a load with the 117g sbt, and god **** was I surprised. 3 shots, literally 1 hole. 53g H-4831, fed 210, 3.150", w-w case. 3 shots at 100 yards measured .048" according to my calculations. Factory barrel. Scope was a 6-18 leupold target, but is taken off at the moment and on my .270, because at the moment my 25-06 claw extractor is broken. The 1 holer group is the bottom target. To make sure it wasn't a fluke, I loaded up another 3 shot group and it shot a .2" group the next day. Needless to say, no one will ever get this 25-06 from me. Theres nothing done to it besides a trigger job. Its not even glass bedded, or totally free floated. If it aint broke dont fix it kinda thing!

qz1zm0.jpg

Nice shooting! I once surprized myself at the range with 3 shot one hole group, testing some Barnes XLC bullets, using a .338 Win mag. I haven't done that since with any of my rifles. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wow, that's incredible from a factory rifle. I have shot a three shot group, at 100 yards, with my 6.5x284 that measured .091 and it's a custom rig, Bat, Hart, McMillian, Jewell, Nightforce Scope, you get the point. Anyway, what a great group and rifle. Wildcat.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.