signed with the army today

remingtonman_25_06

I got back from spokane, meps program. They did not have anythign for schooling i originally wanted to do. Medical field or interior electrician. So i went a differn't route. I took 92F, which is a petroleum transporter. I'll use the money I get from the ARMY to go to school to be a electrician and get my journeymans liscense. I ended up signing for 4 years, and I got a $14,000 bonus. So Kirby, you will be getting my 300 RUM to be fully redone. I guarantee that when that first half lump sum goes in my bank, about 2 grand will be dropped into my rifle. My ship out date is March 22. I'll try to stop on this site as often as possible, I'll sure miss shooting and this site a hell of a lot though. Just thought I'd let everyone know what happened. I barely got in, my weight requirement is 135 minimum for my height 6'1, I was 138, WHEW! Also my blood pressure was off the roof. They did it about 10 times over before I calmed down enough to get it right on the borderline of the highest it could be. I was really sweating that. Wish me luck!

Good luck to you and thanks for serving our country. My son is leaving April 10 for Great Lakes he joined the US Navy. I'm sure going to miss him.

Frank D

Thanks for serving this great country!
Good luck!
Remember the beginning is all head games.
NOW DROP AND GIVE ME TWENTY! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks guys. You dont know how much this site has helped me and influenced me to do what I do. There is such great people on here with great information and know how, that w/out you, I dont think I would know half the stuff I do about long range. This site truly is the best. Hopefully during AIT school, I'll have access to computer and internet. I dont wanna get to rusty with my shooting, and I wanna try to keep up on all the latest information and gadgets. My plan for my 300 RUM is to get a 28" lilja w/brake. Rifle basix trigger down to 1 lb. I would eventually like the a-5 stock, when available. I already have the MK4 4.5-14. My bullet of choice is either gonna be 1 of 3, being the 210g VLD, 220g SMK, or the 225g ULD. I also have to upgrade rangefinders. MY nikon 800 wont cut it for this type of rifle anymore, I'm gonna have to buy the Swaro 1500. I only want to keep shooting farther and farther. I would like to get a 1000 yard shot on a coyote, deer, bear, or elk here in my homestate of ORegon within the next 2 hunting seasons. With that type of rifle and regular practice, I dont think it will be to big of a hill to climb. Thanks to the information and knowledge from this site, I know what equipment it takes to make these kinda shots possible. So once again, thanks for everybodys help and kindness of words, this place is great and I'll miss it for hopefully only a shortwhile.

Remy man,

Cowboy is right on the head games. Get your poker face out now and paste it on permanent like, forbid your eyes to look anywhere but straight ahead , do not make eye contact and make sure you understand "SIR" is a all caps word .

Oh and better make that 50 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

you can always find access to the net , cafes are everywhere now with terminals .Thanks and may God bless .

Jim B.

$14000 for joining up, bloody hell, that would have been the equivalent to 3 years wages in the job i did before joining the army in 86.
how times change eh..
good look to you and well done for signing up.
Pete

Cartoon_Never_give_up.jpg

Thanks for keeping things safe here for me and my family and friends. I truly believe that is what you and the other soldiers are doing.

We'll be here when you get back.

Those guys ain't kidding on the pushups thing. Better get started.

Pete & 25-06

My first year in the Navy the wages were about $1,600.00/year.

I'd have needed about 8 years to make the $14,000.

BUT, they were bigger dollars then too!

Thank you for your service. Good luck in basic training and for goodness sake gain some weight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

HBB

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.