Sierra's invisible bullets

Varmint Hunter

I shoot virtually everything "over the screens" of my LabRadar. Once I got the unit figured out and properly adjusted, it rarely misses a shot.
However, it almost never sees a Sierra 130 TMK fired from my Creedmoor rifle. Day in and day out, the LabRadar sees all the bullets from 22-458 but it rarely sees this invisible Sierra bullet.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

I experienced disappearing Sierra bullets back in the '80's…..but, only after impact! 🤬

The 300 grain SBT's from my .375 H&H would complete disappear, as in come completely apart ….even on deer! No exits on broadside hits! 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 Extremely disappointing…..almost as disappointing as my conversation with Sierra about the bullets! memtb

My labradar has no problem with 130tmks. Is it possible recoil or blast is causing the problem? If you don't have a recoil trigger you should buy one.

The unit is tripping but I get an error prompt. It can't be blast because the unit is behind the muzzle. And ... every other more intense cartridge doesn't create the same problem. The bullet base must be transparent. 🤪

The unit is tripping but I get an error prompt. It can't be blast because the unit is behind the muzzle. And ... every other more intense cartridge doesn't create the same problem. The bullet base must be transparent. 🤪
I know they ain't as fancy but have you tried just sending a few over a cheap "shooting chrony" type chronograph?

I run the 6.5mm 130 TMKs in several rifles. I LOVE them for both steel and varmints. Even on pronghorn, they crush!
Both suppressed and braked.
Mine must be the "visible" lots. Never missed a shot.

Unfortunately, I put an arrow through my Shooting Chrony" many years ago. LOL

Kinda sorta did similar!

A .338 WM of my wife's rifle, fired in my .375 AI! 🙀🤬

The Chrono exploded, very mild recoil, I ejected what I thought at the time was a failed .375 AI case! A lot of chamber and a much larger bore substantially reduced the pressure of the little .338! 🙀

The loss of the chrono was almost as traumatic as the loss of a .338 WM brass! 😢

A very hard way to learn a valuable lesson…….never have multiple boxes of cartridges on the bench when shooting different rifles! 😉 memtb

Kinda sorta did similar!

A .338 WM of my wife's rifle, fired in my .375 AI! 🙀🤬

The Chrono exploded, very mild recoil, I ejected what I thought at the time was a failed .375 AI case! A lot of chamber and a much larger bore substantially reduced the pressure of the little .338! 🙀

The loss of the chrono was almost as traumatic as the loss of a .338 WM brass! 😢

A very hard way to learn a valuable lesson…….never have multiple boxes of cartridges on the bench when shooting different rifles! 😉 memtb
Absolutely only 1 rifle and the round… I have seen some very nasty kabooms.
I don't go to the range anymore we have a large farm but I liked going to the range to talk with fellow shooters.
I'm not going to be sitting in the next station over when someone blows up his rifle