Sierra Gamechanger bullets?

zr600

Has anybody had much experience with these bullets, specifically for long range hunting? I have a good load for my creedmoor and the 130, also a good load with the 165s in my 7mag. How far out have they been shot with good expansion?

I shot a spike elk with a 165 GameChanger out of my 7mm Remington Magnum this fall. Walked right into about 35 head in the thick pines. Shot was only 40 yards. Punched both lungs. He went 25 yards & tipped over. Fifty cent sized exit hole. I know this answer is very little help.
Thanks, Kirk

I haven't shot them but did speak to a Sierra tech about them. Based on what he told me, I think they are likely a great mid range bullet, and are more forgiving than an eldx, for example, at high impacts close up. problaby not as good at velocities below 2300-2400 impact.
Having said that, probably a very usefull bullet.

So they are proably a little tougher of a bullet then like the 143eldx?

I've shot 5 animals (whitetail does at 460; 2 whitetail bucks 1 at 106 yds other at 232 yds; buck antelope at 283; and a bull elk at 383) with the 165 grain TGK out of my 28 nosler. All were one shot kills and only recovered 2 of the 5 bullets. I found they are easy to develop loads for and so far have done everything I have needed. I would like to stretch one out on something really long range but haven't needed to yet. I am working on loads for a 243 and 6.5x284 utilizing the TGK bullets right now.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.