Sierra 6mm 110 mk

No knowledge or experience with your particular smk BUT it's part of the new generation line of smks, much sleeker and less bearing surface than the former ones. It's entirely possible that a twist that stabilizes the older 115 would be marginal with the newer, slipperier 110.

that being said I say try it. Reason I say this is I emailed Sierra myself about the newer 200 grain smk .30 cal (there are now two different 200 grain smks. The newer one has a g1 bc of .700 and looks entirely different than the older one). They recommend a 9 twist for this bullet but I asked, even if it's got way less bearing surface and a sleeker profile, how could it be that my 10 twist .300 win was shooting one hole groups with the 225 eld m and wouldn't stabilize these? They replied That I'd be good to go, they're recommendations were to guarantee fine accuracy at .308 win velocity at sea level. I suspect the same is true of the whole lineup of new ultra high bc smks. Those recommendations are covering every scenario. Higher altitude and higher velocity changes things.

so I suspect if you're pushing them above 2600 FPS and not right at sea level you'll have no trouble at all.

It should be fine the only thing that you could run into is a small loss in BC, if you are at sea level. If you are at 5000ft you might not have any problems at all. As stated above try them if they don't work you can sell them.

Here at 4700 feet, we have shot them from 8tw and they did fine. I have shot over 12K of these bullets, bulk of them with 7.5tw.
Today I have a couple 7tw barrels, honestly I do not see any gains. But again, 4700 ft above sea level.

I have some experience with the 110s. 7.5 twist stabilizes them fine. They are however a finicky little bugger. They have a pretty small window where they like to shoot in my experience. But the bc is pretty awesome if you can get them to shoot. In my 7 twist I got a g7 of .315. Haven't tested yet in my 7.5 but I will be in the future. In this barrel my main squeeze is the 109 berger lrht

I have some experience with the 110s. 7.5 twist stabilizes them fine. They are however a finicky little bugger. They have a pretty small window where they like to shoot in my experience. But the bc is pretty awesome if you can get them to shoot. In my 7 twist I got a g7 of .315. Haven't tested yet in my 7.5 but I will be in the future. In this barrel my main squeeze is the 109 berger lrht
I have found at .008" off, they are just as easy as hybrids to tune, from 2850-3100fps. My only complaint so far is you can get a non uniform box of 500 and if you try those in a new chamber, you will move on directly.

No direct experience with that bullet but I have used the 7mm 183 SMK in an 8.5 twist and the 6.5mm 150 SMK in an 8 twist. Both of them were shot from barrels that were under twist by .5in.

I'm also at sea level in Maryland.

The biggest thing I saw would be an occasional unexplained .75-1 moa flyer out of the group.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.