110 Sierra 6mm

BEEMAN

Anyone have on game performance with this bullet? I am starting a 6SST build and can't decide what bullet to use. Game will be Whitetails out to 5-600 yds max. Was thinking of the 115 Berger, 103 ELD-X. Would like to try the 101gr hammer hunter but they don't ship to Canada. Barrel will be a 7 twist benchmark at 22" plus brake. Should get 3200-3300 fps out of it.

Havent shot any game with the 110 yet because I switched to the 105 nosler rdf. I'm probably going to venture back to the 110 since I have a 500 count box. If I get anything at this point in the year it will only be a coyote. The smk and rdf are nearly a closed tip... that being said I have shot 1 coyote with the rdf and it was awesome. I went with the rdf after switching lots of smk they wouldnt shoot as good and the 105 rdf. The 105 also has a very good bc for its size class which has been spot on for me out to 900 and minute of unfortunate rock chucks with a nasty crosswind.

Yes. Being such a closed tip has me worried about on game performance. I probably shouldn't worry about a high BC bullet for the ranges I will be shooting. Maybe the 115 Berger hunting would be my best option.

They sure do. If I ever get around to putting a fast twist on my 6mm Ackley I'm going to try some of them. Dont really see a need to try them in the dasher.

If I could access the hammer bullets I was considering getting a 6 twist. The 110 hammer hunter would be a good hunting bullet I think. To small of a market here and it shows in the amount of hunting and shooting stuff we have access to.

That sounds rough to deal with up there. I'm just thinking at this point with the mono's coming back again the amount of twist needed for these larger grain bullets is getting to be to much. At some point something has to give. It seems like you need to either build for mono or cup and core now.

Yeah pretty much. I went 7 twist, so this should allow me to shoot almost every bullet out there. For now anyway. These bullets just keep getting longer all the time.

I have a 7.5 in my dasher and will do the same in my 6 Ackley. At my elevation the 110 smk is just over the 1.5 sg and they are really long. The 110 smk is almost exactly .100" longer than the 105 rdf.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts