Shv or vx5hd

I'm excited. Especially on what everyone has been saying how well it is in low light. That's what I'm really after for this setup. He thought his Leupold order would be in today or tomorrow. Didn't get a call today so must be tomorrow. I couldn't pass when he told me $925. My mouth hit the floor and yes it is the 3-15x56 Firedot. I had him double check. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be picking it up.

I have 2 of the VX5-HD 3-15. Have not seen anything more clear or better light transmission.

I also have 2 with the 56mm objective. Hands down better than anything else I have looked through for a long time.

The only scope I remember comparing that was absolutely better in low light is the Swarovski z8i 2.3-18X56.

Well picked it today before work. Only had a few minutes to check it out in the car before my shift but seems to be a pretty nice scope. Gotta read up on the illumination function some but other than that should work great on my 22-250

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.