Shoulder bump

Gobblestopper

How many rounds of virgin brass needs to be fired out of a given chamber before you start to get an accurate measurement on chamber size before you can get a good read on shoulder bump on a case. I have been reloading for several years and reading this forum for a long time I'm just a novice looking to get the best out of brass life. I have read on this forum that brass will not reach its full expansion in one firing. Just curious and I know there are loads of variables at hand just wanted some good advice. Lots of knowledge on this site. I have purchased the Hornady kit and was looking for guidance. Thanks in advance.

You can usually tell by trying to put fires cases back into chamber and feel resistance. It will depend on the brass manufacturer some are softer than others. It will also depend on chamber, custom or factory?

Thanks

Buck

I check my shoulder bump every time I reload my brass. So I will adjust my die to size my once fired brass .002-.003 and then I'll make adjustments if 2x or 3x fired brass changes.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts