Shoulder Bump

If you're confident your sizing die is set up correctly load your ladder and shoot them. If not, do this (can accomplish the same thing by slowly turning your die in).

Then load your ladder and get to work.

Hondo64d has some good advice. A full length dye will not resize the brass just above the belt. Hondo64d has the die you may need.

Why!? Run them through your present setup and fire away.

I've used a ton of once fired brass and normally use the same setting on my die as if the brass were fired in my rifle.

The only exception is my Savage prefit EA Brown Accuracy Barrel 6.5x284. The chamber is so small/tight I can't even full length size. I have to run every once fired case I pick up through a small base die first. Then I can close the bolt on the case.

That is the only one out of the 10 or so guns I reload for.

I've found it is very hard to keep the fl die set the same in the press and give you the same amount of bump if you don't anneal. Annealing has kept my bump the same via comparator measurements.

Also, the fl die doesn't need to resize to the base. It will never see the chamber.

That's kind of what I was getting at. They would be either right where I need them, or maybe a bit shorter depending on the gun they came out of. I hate to waste powder and Bullets further fireforming especially because of the powder shortage for my 7 mag around here. Also I don't have a annealer and I don't want the brass getting to hard which is even further more inaccurate.
PM me and I'll help you with how to anneal the brass without having an expensive annealing machine.

@Mram10us
If you have a belted mag and you find the chambering hard because of the expansion in front of the belt it is probably because the case has not been all the way up in the 7mm die. If you adjust to do this many times you get too much shoulder bump and resulting poor case life. This is where the STW or 300 Wea die can help. All you want sized is the portion in front of the belt if it has been already sized in the 7mm Rem die to the proper shoulder bump of .001-.003 You can adjust the longer die so as to bring up on the shell holder and may get this area sized without fear of bumping the shoulder back too far. The dimenisions of the STW case at the belt are the same as the 7mm Rem.I wouldn't recommend buying one to try as it may not work but if on hand (as I posted) then it can be tried. Some times this works, not all the time. Depends on your rifle chamber. If not then the Willis die is the answer. I have a Willis die and learned of this after I purchased it. I tried the sizing with a 7mm STW die I had on hand and it worked.JME
With either dies the removal of the expander is required.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.