Shoulder Bump

@Mram10us
If you have a belted mag and you find the chambering hard because of the expansion in front of the belt it is probably because the case has not been all the way up in the 7mm die. If you adjust to do this many times you get too much shoulder bump and resulting poor case life. This is where the STW or 300 Wea die can help. All you want sized is the portion in front of the belt if it has been already sized in the 7mm Rem die to the proper shoulder bump of .001-.003 You can adjust the longer die so as to bring up on the shell holder and may get this area sized without fear of bumping the shoulder back too far. The dimenisions of the STW case at the belt are the same as the 7mm Rem.I wouldn't recommend buying one to try as it may not work but if on hand (as I posted) then it can be tried. Some times this works, not all the time. Depends on your rifle chamber. If not then the Willis die is the answer. I have a Willis die and learned of this after I purchased it. I tried the sizing with a 7mm STW die I had on hand and it worked.JME
With either dies the removal of the expander is required.
Thought you were somehow prying the brass into that die for the shoulder portion. That's why I wanted clarification. Always different ways to do things. I owned 2 30-8 mags(30stw) and learned a lot about dies for the belted mags. Thanks

5FBE015A-2669-4BB7-920C-1A1C5F0F17BF.jpeg
Well I just ran them through my die and all of the shoulders came out right, and will chamber, so we will see how they shoot. Thanks for all of the help.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.