Should I rebarrel my rifle?

Should I rebarrel my 6.5prc?

• Total voters
I SOLD my very Accurate, 7 MM Rem Mag., Lefty Rifle, due to it's, LONG, 26 Inch Barrel, as IT, "Grabbed" every Branch along, the Elk Trail's when, Slung ! Now, I use, a shorter, 24" Tikka, .270 WSM ( UN-Braked ) in, a Kifaru Gun Bearer, on my Pack ! ( ahhh, No,.. Snag em' ) as It's,. only at Eye Level !
Me Fix'em',.. "Problem" !

Last edited:
Use a QD with a brake on the rifle to mount the can. It will be well shorter than either of your rebarrel options without the can and if you need a quick shot take it. If f you have a moment to put the can on great, dial the difference between your no can zero and your can on zero and go.

7 SAUM. Will work well. Brass is Not hard to find.
It's an over achiever, well designed case, no improvements needed, easy to load for,
easy to shoot. accurate, long barrel life, versatile,
& something you can shoot ALOT.
18" to 20"
No Brake !! & Not a shorter suppressor at the expense of volume!!
If anything a Suppressor with ……
MORE VOLUME !!
147 gr. Afterburners. Run em Fast !!
N560 or Re-26
"My2cents"

Last edited:
The 6.5 PRC is PLENTY for Elk, ( to 800- 900 Yds ) with, the RIGHT Bullet, I'd just, Live with,.. IT !
I'd Pitch, the silly, long-asszz, Suppressor and put, a Shorter, 3 port, Brake,.. on IT ( and Wear, Plugs !! ).
About, 4 inches of your "Problem",.. SOLVED !
Don't even put the brake on it it is a 6,5 caliber recoil is not bad

Don't even put the brake on it it is a 6,5 caliber recoil is not bad
AGREE ,. My grandsons 6.5 PRC, kicks LESS than, My .270 WSM,..
But guys on Here, like to, Spend Money, so I threw in, the Brake "idea",.. LOL !
I don't Hunt Big Game with, a Brake, either.
I do have, Brakes, on my .22-250 Rem and 6 XC so that, I can "see the Fun",.. on steel or,.. Varmints !

Last edited:
Use a QD with a brake on the rifle to mount the can. It will be well shorter than either of your rebarrel options without the can and if you need a quick shot take it. If f you have a moment to put the can on great, dial the difference between your no can zero and your can on zero and go.
No, not only no but hell no.

Got tired of packing 26" cf barrel....wacked it down to 22" and threaded the barrel to fit an aluminum cap....packs easier...shoots fine....
20231008_092929.jpg
@ 400yds........I don't think I hurt anything........just had to rebuild the load
....a little longer(about 800 rds thru it)...
reduced powder by .1 grains.....
65-284 around 2950fps....

My 6.5 PRC is 24 '' with a brake and 6#.Feels like a toy compared to my 26'' 338 NM and add brake to that, and seems as handy as I could imagine. I would like a can thou ...sometime soon