Shot Show

the blur

I just found out the shot show is NOT open to the public !!! F them.

Are there other shows around, like the Great American Outdoor Show ?

I just found out the shot show is NOT open to the public !!! F them.

Are there other shows around, like the Great American Outdoor Show ?
F-them?? 🤣
They fill the place plumb full every year with manufacturers reps and sporting goods retailers. They certainly don't have extra space for a lot of lookie loos and tire kickers.
Some years ago my LGS got me badges to go, I don't know what the requirements are now.

Great American is about closest thing "civilians" get to SHOT…unfortunately almost half of it is just guide services. A lot of it is local businesses and vendors…there are some big brand vendors, but nothing like SHOT

Wait a trade show is closed to people actively working in the trade?

I'm going to write a strongly worded letter to the NFDA demanding they admit me to their trade show next year.

If you really wanted to go, it would be very easy to incorporate a non-profit or business, which fits the requirements to attend. Here is the list of allowed businesses - https://shotshow.org/attendee-admission-requirements/
As long as you live close enough for a comfortable drive there and home! And incorporating a business for 4 days has a more reasonable cost than in Canada and the 160.00 entry ticket IF you are accepted....and rooms and, and ,and....our total cost for 2 of us from Canada was over 4800.00....I'd suggested watching YOU TUBE DAILY....NO CROWDS NO EXPENSE...

DCI and SCI both have open to the public shows - obviously, the vendors are much more hunting-oriented but unless you're looking for Mil/LE oriented vendors a lot of the same companies will be at those.