Shooter Program Azimuth

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Jumpalot, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Jumpalot

Jumpalot Well-Known Member

When I use the "Get Target Azimuth" on my Droid, I get some negative readings. Instead of 0*, 90*, 180* and 270*, I get up to 180* and then it starts with negative numbers. -170*, -160* etc. and due west is -90*. Is there a setting to change this? I can't find it anywhere.

2. Jumpalot

Anyone?

3. Nimrodmar10

Nimrodmar10 Well-Known Member

Does your Droid have a built in compass? It's a requirement for automatic azimuth. If you have a built in compass, is it calibrated and what are the settings on it?

4. Jumpalot

It didn't have a built in compass app. But I've downloaded 2 different apps that work fine. Not sure if that answered your question. It must have some sort of built in compass to make google maps etc. work.

5. Nimrodmar10

Nimrodmar10 Well-Known Member

That's probably the GPS you're using with Maps, not necessarily a compass. Of your compass is working, when you tell SHOOTER to " Get Azimuth" your residing will change as upu turn it on different directions, from 0 to 360 degrees. If not, you don't have a built in compass.

6. Jumpalot

It works. It's just that instead of going from 0-360, it goes up to 180 and the starts going backwards into negative numbers.