Shoot better with cheap scopes?

Thank you. I really appreciate the offer. One of my friends who is also going said he would lend me a rifle and scope if I can't get it ready in time.

sometimes the cheapies are good to go. many years ago in college i bought a cheapie mueller 8.5-25x44mm scope for my 700 police rifle. yes, i threw $966 at the rifle and $150 at the scope because i thought that's what you did. that scope was great though. i still have it in my parts box somewhere.

Does anyone find themselves shooting better with cheap scopes? The reason I ask is that I have a rem 700 in 308 win. The first scope I put on it was a bushnell trophy 3-9x40 that I picked up for $120. I was shooting MOA with it and was very happy. I have a minox za5 HD 2-10x40 that retailed for $500 to $600 that I went and put on it since it was a "better" scope. I am having a hard time getting a 3 inch group consistently with the exact same ammo. I had that scope on a rem700 3006 that it did the same thing. It says on the turrets that a click is 1/4moa and it does not seem correct. Seems like it is closer to 1/2 moa per click. I don't know if its the scope or I have some physiological disorder to the scope.
It's the scope.
Normally cheap scopes are not the best option.Every now and then you get lucky and find a gem.
I bought a CP-Centerpoint 3-9x44mm FFP for a pellet gun.Ended up on my AR15 in 450 Bushmaster.I have punished the heck out of it hunting hogs and is still deadly at 200 yards..Got it on clearance at Academy for $39.00.
I think it was $149.00 originally. It's the only cheap scope I own though.Most are $2k and up.

Glad to hear, and good luck.
I think this community has some of the best people around. Most people in my area wouldn't let someone look at their scopes sideways never mined lending one out.
You folks really are great!