Cheap tactical scopes (MIL turret)

I have Leupold LR Tactical 4.5-14x50 30mm tube that is mil/moa. So far on the cheaper scopes the thing that bugs me is the clarity, low light gathering, and glaring. Base line Leupolds still fair better. But I haven't got to play with the Arkens, Athlons, and later PA. The cheaper scopes do serve their purpose.
Plenty of bigger name American brands offer scopes, binoculars, and spotting scopes that are made in China. There are plenty more brands where the product is assembled in one country, with parts sourced from another, and glass from yet another. Both of those factors muddy the waters some in what would have been clear dividing lines between "American" and "Chinese" brands.

I think purpose and expectations is a huge factor. When I am buying a Chinese made scope, I am less concerned about clarity, low light gathering, and glare because I know I am not going to be getting that top quality glass in it. I am typically more interested in reticle choice and position, turrets, and magnification range because mine are meant for targets, jackrabbits, ground squirrels, and sooty grouse not that trophy buck on a once in a lifetime hunt with five minutes of legal light left. Not to say that people can't or don't use them under more critical circumstances, but given an application where glass quality if everything then I would never want one of these budget brands. The low end Leupold may offer better glass, but a comparably priced Athlon will probably get you target/tactical turrets, illumination, FFP, and more diversity in reticle choice and magnification. It all depends on what you as the end user wants.

How come?

I just ordered an Arken EP5. I'll report back to this thread once I get it. Another 5 weeks of waiting….
I got the sh4 and ep5 currently.I had two ep4s and all of them are excellent.
I put the vortex strike eagle 5-25 slightly above the ep5 in eyebox. I'm very happy with the ep5 so far. The sh4s are the swfa killers. For the extra hundred dollars compare to the fixed SS it tracks, several torture test out there that proves it's durable, more clicks per rev, illumination and variable power. There's nothing in its price range that touches it. The ep4 is just a no frills very durable scope.