Sendero Shooters

99Gr retumbo 168gr berger,fed primers 3300 fps Just off the lands
shoots awsome at longer ranges.

The only bad thing about them (and this is personal preference) is I despise their fat forearm. Other than that they are one of the most accurate rifles you can buy. I had many of them and they all rocked in the accuracy dept.

Thanks again for the replys everyone. When I read the overview for the rifle on the remington website, it says: "Full-length aluminum bedding blocks.."

What does this mean? Is this instead of glass or pillar bedding?

Thanks

Yup. Your action is fully seated on the aluminum bedding block and your barrel should be completely free-floated with this setup.

Also,the "full length" bedding blocks mean that the "chassis" that the bedding blocks are integrated into run the entire length of the stock. The bedding blocks are actually an aluminum channel that is molded into the stock and runs the entire length.

I saw some pics of cross sections of a cut up HS Precision stock somewhere and the "full length" blocks were previlant the entire length of the stock.

I LOVE my Sendero.

I don't mean to jump your thread but I just bought a 700 sendero in 300 rum but it is a new pre-2006 model.
My question is , what is the exact model is this rifle? Is this particular stock a HS that is aluminum pillar bedded?
I am planning on have a Vais break installed and add a jewell trigger before I mount the scope. I will probally install a Leupold Long range target scope /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif there are a few variations. VSSF,VS...?

BUT.... its a REMMY 700 SENDERO 300RUM!! ---what else do you need to know really /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Txgunslinger,
Not sure that the "model" is stamped on the barrel anymore. The first one I got was inscribed "7mm Rem Mag Sendero". Not sure that they have the "sendero" part anymore. The HS Precision stocks have full length aluminum blocks not just pillars. The stock is made around the aluminum. JohnnyK.

Has anybody had any issues with the amount of thread engagement of the front action screw? I have one here that only had two threads holding it.

Hi i would buy soem longer screws Brownells and B Square both sell them i prefer as much thread as possible on the front screw.

Cheers Bill
Australia

I called Remington and they said they were well aware of the problem. They are sending me out a new rear screw to cut to size. I was just wondering if anyone else here had checked or noticed the short front screw syndrome.

Remington also warned not to tighten past 45 inch pounds with the aluminum trigger gaurd. He said it will split the holes out. To go to 65 inch pounds you are supposed to use steel bottom metal. I just skim bedded this one so 45 inch pounds should be plenty.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.