Sendero .264

Autorotate19

I got my .264 sendero today. It had never been out of the box according to guy I bought it from. Boy was it dirty, covered in dust with thick black soot in the barrel. Took awhile to get it cleaned up, I noticed it has the xmark trigger but it not the same one Iv seen on other guns. It doesn't have an adjustment screw on the bottom side of the trigger, kinda weird? I'm going to mount a Leupold 4.5x14x40 vx3 on it with a tmr reticle with the talley one piece ring/mounts. I ordered some nosler brass, redding standard fl dies that should be here tomorrow. I have some retumbo and 140 berger vlds to try out. Boy Im excited to take her out this weekend and break it in and start some load work. :D

Last edited:
Good luck, you should like it alot picked one up a couple of years ago in CDL model when they did a special run, 120gr noslers in mine seem to do real good with RL 22.

Thanks, the trigger is actually pretty nice. I adjusted it a little bit but it feels great. I went out today and just loaded up some 140's with retumbo, 10 thousands off the lands to find where my max load is. At 72.5grs I got a slight ejector mark and bolt lift was normal to open so I figured Id load up a few at 71.5grs tomorrow and see how it shoots.

Went out to the range today. The wind was blowing 10-15mph. 69 grains of retumbo 10 thou off at 100 yards. I think I might be onto something......
IMAG0022.jpg

Any idea what kind of velocity out of a 26" barrel anyone?

You need a chronograph of some kind man!:) Looks like you have a keeper.

The Sendero in a 264 is the only Remington product that I really, really, really, need!!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.