Sendero/264 win mag

sigarms226

I plan on purchasing a LR game/target rilfe in the M700 Sendero SF II. I'm curious to know what peoples thoughts are on the 264 as a LR game rifle. I believe it will be fine for target seeing as the heavy bullets buck wind so well and have such high BC's. I'm no stranger to the LR aspect with smaller 22's and 6mm's. My other option is the same rifle in 300 RUM I already own one but in a sporter weight LSS. This is eventually to turned into a fully custom rifle, this is just home base for this year. Thoughts please.

my brother has a 2.64 and a 300rum they shoot great. both have muzzle brakes. i vote for the 264. lots of bullets and not as much kick.

264 is a very cool LR caliber. 140 Bergers work nice. It's a great performer and the recoil level allows for very accurate shooting. The high BC makes it very efficient.

I have 2 .264 lr rifles, both shoot very well. I hunt with both. I have had .264's for 30+ years. I would not build another 264. lot's of them are very picky about what they shoot, they are very hard on barrels, they burn lot's of powder, and with the newer powders you can shoot 3000+ with a long barreled 6.5-284 with less powder and longer barrel life.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.