Selling stuff to purchase LRH rifle

I've decided not to look any further into the x bolt but couldn't help respond to the comment that their actions are ok. Aren't we talking about tikkas here and how great they are. I've used both and I'd say if the tikka is good the x bolt is equally good and better but that's my opinion I guess. Now another option has come to light today. So who knows. Getting my funds sorted out and when I do I'll make up my mind. It'll be the havok element or the fierce rogue. The cheaper option being the CA mesa and I'll buy a better stock later

Aren't we talking about tikkas here and how great they are. I've used both and I'd say if the tikka is good the x bolt is equally good and better but that's my opinion I guess.
I would agree with you, that as a factory rifle the Browning is just as good if not better. I have a few A-Bolts that I love, great actions, I like them better than the X-Bolt that I had.

When talking about going to a semi-custom the Tikka wins due to available options. Have you looked for aftermarket parts for the X-Bolt? They're hard to find and your options are limited. There are a lot more options available for Tikkas.

I would agree with you, that as a factory rifle the Browning is just as good if not better. I have a few A-Bolts that I love, great actions, I like them better than the X-Bolt that I had.

When talking about going to a semi-custom the Tikka wins due to available options. Have you looked for aftermarket parts for the X-Bolt? They're hard to find and your options are limited. There are a lot more options available for Tikkas.
I have and I've asked about why that is and the answer I get is the x bolt is basically too new. I brush that off thinking whatever but I have tried to find parts and wished it was better

I have and I've asked about why that is and the answer I get is the x bolt is basically too new. I brush that off thinking whatever but I have tried to find parts and wished it was better
Well, I know that it's hard enough to find parts for an A-Bolt. The X-Bolt has been around for almost 15 years now, when is it old enough?

Haha everyone has a Tikka now too! But I can also see why! I'm fortunate to have one of each. My Seekins PH2 in 300 Win shoots wonderfully and is probably the nicest rifle I own; but I think my T3x in 260 Rem is my favorite hunting rifle.
This is true but you can buy a tikka for 8-900 and upgrade it as you go. The ph2 is kinda a cookie cutter approach and there's nothing wrong with that. The tikka is more modular and pay as you go if you will. Both are a couple of the best routes to go imo

That I'm not sure of. Perhaps with a carbon barrel and the right stock combination. Mine isn't anything special, factory stainless sporter barrel and it came in an ugly laminate stock so I swapped it for a McMillan Hunter's Edge that weighs 23 oz. Also running Mountain Tactical mags and bottom metal (which is actually lighter than the factory plastic). With a 4-16x44 Vortex Viper on it the whole setup is 7.4 lbs.

Do you think you could get a tikka build as light as the element? Same caliber, same barrel length ect.
With a 4-16x44 Vortex Viper on it the whole setup is 7.4 lbs.

I'll bet that's dang near the 6lbs that the LA Element is considering that Viper is over a pound, and depending on the model could be well over too. I think you could get close, but I don't think you could quite get that low.

I get wanting to buy a Tikka and build it, but at $800-$900 I'd almost rather consider ordering a custom action, like the Defiance AnTi, and start the build from there. You can get profits for them, just like you can with the Tikka. Stock options might be better, and at the end of the day you have a full custom rifle for close to the same price. Unless you were able to get a used Tikka for a few hundred dollars, I don't know that I'd go that route over just ordering a custom action.

I'll bet that's dang near the 6lbs that the LA Element is considering that Viper is over a pound, and depending on the model could be well over too. I think you could get close, but I don't think you could quite get that low.

I get wanting to buy a Tikka and build it, but at $800-$900 I'd almost rather consider ordering a custom action, like the Defiance AnTi, and start the build from there. You can get profits for them, just like you can with the Tikka. Stock options might be better, and at the end of the day you have a full custom rifle for close to the same price. Unless you were able to get a used Tikka for a few hundred dollars, I don't know that I'd go that route over just ordering a custom action.
You can buy just a tikka action for about half the price of the anti

Tikka action that I found was 800 or 850. Would just buy the rifle at that point. Unless you can tell me where you're seeing them cheaper. The base model tikka t3x lite is 599 vs the custom actions at 1000. Is like to do full custom but 2500 for the rifle is a stretch for me. Spending more would be a tough sell to the wife since I need a scope

Any other options

Last edited: