Selling stuff to purchase LRH rifle

Firedad

Well I started pulling the trigger on acquiring funds for a new rifle. Still not sure what direction I want to go but I'm debating on seekins, Christensen or buying and building on a tikka. Pretty sure I've convinced myself on 7prc vs 7rm or something else that more widely available. Today I took in my stainless HK usp9 and sold it for $725 and talked to them about my SKS that I'll never shoot for $899. Haven't sold that one yet but with these and my chainsaw for $500 I'll have a solid amount to start with once I have them all sold.

Anyone else sell their soul for firearms?

Well I started pulling the trigger on acquiring funds for a new rifle. Still not sure what direction I want to go but I'm debating on seekins, Christensen or buying and building on a tikka. Pretty sure I've convinced myself on 7prc vs 7rm or something else that more widely available. Today I took in my stainless HK usp9 and sold it for $725 and talked to them about my SKS that I'll never shoot for $899. Haven't sold that one yet but with these and my chainsaw for $500 I'll have a solid amount to start with once I have them all sold.

Nope!

Never sell guns, only buy guns!….🤣😜
I know I know. I told myself I'd never sell one again but as I get older I see a lot of crap sitting around taking up space. I've had two running cars that I wouldn't let go and instead they sat and went to #*!!? I ended up giving them away. I have this chainsaw, it's a great saw but I live in NV. I'm not going out cutting firewood. I'm not out sport falling. The HK was a cool pistol but I still have more. The SKS was my poor man's AR before I built my AR. It just so happens it's worth more now and was a good investment. Now I'm ready to trade that investment in for a LR rifle.

I know I know. I told myself I'd never sell one again but as I get older I see a lot of crap sitting around taking up space. I've had two running cars that I wouldn't let go and instead they sat and went to #*!!? I ended up giving them away. I have this chainsaw, it's a great saw but I live in NV. I'm not going out cutting firewood. I'm not out sport falling. The HK was a cool pistol but I still have more. The SKS was my poor man's AR before I built my AR. It just so happens it's worth more now and was a good investment. Now I'm ready to trade that investment in for a LR rifle.
Ok ….ok…. Sell the saw…lol

The element is real nice. I don't know if I'll get that much saved up before I break down a buy though, same with waiting for the ph2 to become available here. That's why I've been going back and forth with my choices. Like build a tikka in 7prc and then I'll have a 7rm or 300wm to shoot until I do the swap. And I could always swap back if 7prc is a flop or ammo is hard to find

I could always borrow from work if necessary or buy another. Actually I do plan to buy an MS140 to replace what I've got. I don't need a falling saw for a once a year Xmas tree
"Don't need!" Blasphemy!
C9AB0023-B71E-4003-92FD-41ADA39345F6.jpeg😁

What scope and mount system do you plan on using. That is far more important than a "long range" hunting rifle. Any halfassed accurate rifle can shoot long with a dependable scope and mounts. Once you invest in bomb proof optics…. Then hell yes get a badass rifle 👊🏼👊🏼.

I would have bought the HK it would match my 45. Do some research on the forum before you consider christensen there seems to be a lot of unhappy owners.