Selling stuff to purchase LRH rifle

I'll reload McGuire Ballistics "Copper Rose" once I burn through this factory eld-x ammo. Then eventually buy Lapua brass once it's available. I will sell unused rifles and pistols to fund this project... only after trying to sell kids and grand-kids first...:eek:

I'll reload McGuire Ballistics "Copper Rose" once I burn through this factory eld-x ammo. Then eventually buy Lapua brass once it's available. I will sell unused rifles and pistols to fund this project... only after trying to sell kids and grand-kids first...:eek:
Lol… thats my point, I want this also I'm just going to wait until I can buy brass and dies to feed the beast…..

Not bullets! They are out there…. Brass, dies and so on… and if you are buying factory ammo you are looking at upwards of 100 dollars a box (per20), based on what I've been seeing….. I guess I forgot to ask if you are loading for this? I will own one, but im not going to play the "rush to find stuff" game …..
I've bought 2 cases of the 175 ELDX ammo for $55/box in the past 2 months. You just need to place a backorder and be patient....

Oh I don't reload yet. I've been wanting to though. I reload shotshells so I've got a bench space and organizational skills to have a nice set up.

I looked up the MPA it looks heavier than I'd want and not that I know much about precision rifles but I'd never heard of them

Well I started pulling the trigger on acquiring funds for a new rifle. Still not sure what direction I want to go but I'm debating on seekins, Christensen or buying and building on a tikka. Pretty sure I've convinced myself on 7prc vs 7rm or something else that more widely available. Today I took in my stainless HK usp9 and sold it for $725 and talked to them about my SKS that I'll never shoot for $899. Haven't sold that one yet but with these and my chainsaw for $500 I'll have a solid amount to start with once I have them all sold.

Anyone else sell their soul for firearms?
LOL.....I wont sell. I just dont spend it on stupid stuff like new shoes annually, cell phones, cell phone plans, tv service, advertised vacations, etc. etc. etc. I give a flying stink what others think or have. I keep up with me not the Jones.

I've got a phone but I also work all over the country in remote areas and have a family. I use my phone for a lot of different things too but not worried about keeping up with the jones. I don't want the 7prc because it's the new and cool either. I want it because it'll be a great round for use of factory ammo since I don't reload yet, maybe never I don't know. I want a rifle to shoot and hunt effectively at longer range than my 30.06 and feel confident.

Well I started pulling the trigger on acquiring funds for a new rifle. Still not sure what direction I want to go but I'm debating on seekins, Christensen or buying and building on a tikka. Pretty sure I've convinced myself on 7prc vs 7rm or something else that more widely available. Today I took in my stainless HK usp9 and sold it for $725 and talked to them about my SKS that I'll never shoot for $899. Haven't sold that one yet but with these and my chainsaw for $500 I'll have a solid amount to start with once I have them all sold.

Anyone else sell their soul for firearms?
I admire you for making the sacrifices to fund your new rifle. Sounds like you know want you want and you're willing to make decisions to get there. I did sell one gun once, a Browning BDA 45 1911. I still kick myself for that. 🤣🤣

I've sold two ever before this. A Chinese sks I bought as a teen and traded in at a gun to go toward a win m70. Ok now you all can give me a hard time. That m70 in .270, I sold that at 19. That was a terrible mistake. I am led to believe it was pre64, either way I beat myself up over it since then

As I get older I look around my basement and just shake my head. You can accumulate a lot of stuff over the years. I just sold my KTM motorcycle that has been sitting on stand for two years. Bought a new scope and fishing kayak. I've got to the point where I just like to try something new. I also have come to conclusion hunting and fishing typically does not inflict as much bodily damage as off-road motorcycles.
I personally would go Seekins, but that is a personal decision.

I don't think we're talking about the Jones or whoever, we're talking about what we love. I love to shoot, hunt, and share my skills with others. The 7 PRC is a great choice for hunting, long distance if need and you have the skill sets. It's a very efficient cartridge with great factory ammo options (eventually). If you reload you'll be able to enhance performance I'm sure. Don't get me wrong, there are many cartridges out there that will get'r done. The 7 PRC just seems to be in a sweet spot...

Recent Posts