SEC. Champs.

College football is great. I can't stand Alabama as a TN Vol fan, but I definitely respect their program. We should have some good matchups this year. We will see how FSU fares against the loser of the SEC championship game in the bowl game. I wouldn't suggest putting your $$ on FSU to win against Georgia.

I may be wrong, but after a loss to Alabama, Georgia will be "out for blood"! I think that anyone going up against them had better bring their A+ game! memtb

I may be wrong, but after a loss to Alabama, Georgia will be "out for blood"! I think that anyone going up against them had better bring their A+ game! memtb
Well, anything can happen, but if UGA is " locked in" for the game, then FSU had better find somebody to play QB. If they don`t I think it could get real ugly real quick

I stopped watching all sports on TV when I cut cable. Can't say I miss it one bit. I did go to the Army- SAT game in September but only because some of my fellow classmates were there for a mini-reunion.

No matter who wins, your life remains the same.

I stopped watching all sports on TV when I cut cable. Can't say I miss it one bit. I did go to the Army- SAT game in September but only because some of my fellow classmates were there for a mini-reunion.

No matter who wins, your life remains the same.

You sir are "definitely not" a die-hard football aficionado! 😂

Some games change your life forever! 😉 😢 memtb

In the same breath, FSU is ticked off for being snubbed, and what would happen final poll wise if FSU won handily? There's a long time to prepare and even though FSU is playing backups, those kids have to be talented to be playing at that level.

In Alabama, with Alabama/Auburn, it most definitely changes lives!! It`s actually been known to end lives!
I know dead trees were involved. I've heard about divorce proceedings taking place because of the iron bowl. I love football and root for Alabama. My best friend in the world and main hunting buddy is a Auburn fan. We discuss the games all the time and never take it personally. He's still upset about Bo Nix not being coached better at AU. PS, if you're a football fan and live in Alabama you pretty much have to pick sides. You can still cheer for other SEC teams playing on bowl games. But there is no ambiguity about rooting for Alabama Or Auburn!

Last edited:
Another antidote about picking sides. A friends father who was a lifetime Bama fan went to a Auburn game, saw the eagle released soaring around the stadium. Watched them beat Ga. And switched sides. Threw out his Bama stuff and bought tiger paraphernalia. Stressful Thanksgiving and Christmas.

M
Another antidote about picking sides. A friends father who was a lifetime Bama fan went to a Auburn game, saw the eagle released soaring around the stadium. Watched them beat Ga. And switched sides. Threw out his Bama stuff and bought tiger paraphernalia. Stressful Thanksgiving and Christmas.
My cousin's daughter goes to Auburn and he's still a Razorback fan. Heck, he even wore his Razorback gear to the Iron Bowl this year.

Alabama fan here since about 1958, two degrees from UA, but the soaring eagle is indeed an impressive lead up to the games in Auburn.

In the same breath, FSU is ticked off for being snubbed, and what would happen final poll wise if FSU won handily? There's a long time to prepare and even though FSU is playing backups, those kids have to be talented to be playing at that level.
How many UGA players will sit out this bowl game as they 1) try to go pro, 2) go into transfer portal. Not playing for National Championship anymore

How many UGA players will sit out this bowl game as they 1) try to go pro, 2) go into transfer portal. Not playing for National Championship anymore
Frustrating, not long ago, no players sat out bowl games, and NBA players didn't take nights off, so glad I saw Mike Jordan play live before that trend started. The FSU AD is correct in saying, if the starting quarterback goes down with injury, then the rest of the team should just quit because there's nothing to play for, this is the message the committee has sent to all D1 schools.