SD/ES New Brass

Why are you sizing new brass?

If your die is set up to actually do anything to new cases, then it's set way too short.

At most run a mandrel through the neck if they're tight. If not just load them how they are.
To even everything, I don't push the shoulder at all, just even the Outside of the neck and use a mandrel to set NT and iron the inside.

@haisardao,
I will add that ES/SD are not the be all, end all for accurate loads.
My 22-250AI used in short (300mtr) F-class had a load that wasn't good for ES, above 60fps…but at 300 it would put 10 shots with 8 touching and the other 2 touching each other a few mills away from the main group. Also, you can have a load with excellent ES/SD but spray bullets all over the target, this is because barrel oscillation variation with that load may be wide or at the point where the barrel is at the bottom or top of it's whip, it happens.

Cheers.

@haisardao,
I will add that ES/SD are not the be all, end all for accurate loads.
My 22-250AI used in short (300mtr) F-class had a load that wasn't good for ES, above 60fps…but at 300 it would put 10 shots with 8 touching and the other 2 touching each other a few mills away from the main group. Also, you can have a load with excellent ES/SD but spray bullets all over the target, this is because barrel oscillation variation with that load may be wide or at the point where the barrel is at the bottom or top of it's whip, it happens.

Cheers.
Great point, appreciate the input. I am really working hunting loads, and rarely shoot at game past 650 yards, so maybe I am overthinking this. For some reason I keep getting into these rabbit holes 🤣🤣, two months ago was neck turning.

To even everything, I don't push the shoulder at all, just even the Outside of the neck and use a mandrel to set NT and iron the inside.
You can skip the FL step, the mandrel does everything the neck needs. If you intentionally set the die high it's not working the entire outside of the neck anyways.

haisardao watch the new video Alex and Eric made its a great one. In my opinion everybody should it talks about alot of things that really matter and what doesn't
The E.S. numbers they talk about are 100% my findings also.
I cant wait to see if Tom Mousel does one with Eric, Tom has taught me alot talking and shooting with him

He can't look at it from a purely ES/SD standpoint.
The difference between different brass can be tune, and tail chasing.

I've seen people report MV going up ~50fps with formed cases, and of course this depends on the cartridge/load.
This can take you out of powder tune.
Barrel tune is more dynamic, as it's results are tied to distance.
You want to be in the center of a powder tune, with it's span inside barrel tune.
So while brass is walking off the plantation, you might want to wait until it stops before getting serious.
That is, for LR HUNTING