Es/sd

The numbers I used are representative of a normal distribution. The percentages don't change. Most people round the me to the nearest whole number, but I used to the nearest tenth.

The numbers I used were random and used because they were easy to work with as I wrote. As I said, most (all) of us would be very proud to have loads like that.

The point of the exercise was to highlight the difference of SD and ES. You can't project the ES of a string of shots to the entire population of rounds that you will load. For fun, you can use higher (more normal?) numbers for SD to see just how much variance there is.

When you get a load really dialed in, run a 10 shot string across you chrony to see where you are. Use the above information to find the outer limits of your mv based on the sd, then run those 2 numbers through your ballistics program.

Dennis

Roger that, thanks for the information Dennis. I'll use it and follow your recommendation.

Thanks Again!

DocB

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.