Scope recommendation/opinion on a lite Mtn rifle

Doesn't make much sense to me to build a light weight rifle and put a heavy scope on it. But each to his own. If recoil is not an issue with you, and 500 yards is maximum, I'd opt for an aluminum scope in the 2-8 to 3.5-10 magnification range. IMO, that all points to Leupold. Down south, 15 magnification provides too much mirage due to our heat. For 500 yards, 10 power is plenty and should be clearer.

Doesn't make much sense to me to build a light weight rifle and put a heavy scope on it. But each to his own. If recoil is not an issue with you, and 500 yards is maximum, I'd opt for an aluminum scope in the 2-8 to 3.5-10 magnification range. IMO, that all points to Leupold. Down south, 15 magnification provides too much mirage due to our heat. For 500 yards, 10 power is plenty and should be clearer.
My reason is because I'm comfortable with the Nxs. Being eye relief and adjustments. I can cut weight in my pack or add weight in when prepping for the season to compensate for the minimal difference. What those who haven't ever shoot an ultralight rifle seem to ignore when building their first rifle, is that the fell recoil is more. More felt recoil can cause someone to make a bad shot and possibly wound an animal. So if a scope that someone is comfortable with and it adds a little weight help make a good shot then that is the way to go and if that person has to workout a little more it is a win win

Doesn't make much sense to me to build a light weight rifle and put a heavy scope on it. But each to his own. If recoil is not an issue with you, and 500 yards is maximum, I'd opt for an aluminum scope in the 2-8 to 3.5-10 magnification range. IMO, that all points to Leupold.
Not a Leupold fan.
That depends on the hunt-ready weight goal. Peeps build lightweight rifles to allow them more choices in scopes. Weight is your friend when it comes to felt recoil. It boils down to the OP's personal preference and intended purpose.
Down south, 15 magnification provides too much mirage due to our heat. For 500 yards, 10 power is plenty and should be clearer.
That is not the case here in Montana.

I know that you don't like Leupold's, but, if it were me, and you're not going for really long ranges……I'd be look'n for an old, 2.5-8 Vari-X III. Shouldn't be an issue to 500 or a bit more on big game! Tough as hell, good glass, and pretty darn light…..what's not to like? 😉 memtb
I had two of them on my mountain rifles and they worked great. A sheep hunter from Alaska that i worked with talked my out of one, but the other now sits on a titanium action 7-08 and the weight on that gun totals 6 lbs.

1" and yes, it's the model with the Ballistic Turret. The turret on the Z6 was made by Zwaro for my handload data . The colored dots are really just as good.

For my target scopes, I have Nightforce also and dial ranges but the Ballistic Turret is great, accurate and fast. You can Google Swaro ballistic turret and it will walk you through how to set the range dots. Great Zero stop also.

SFP or ffp?

I'm playing with a 2.5-15 credo right now and it's good to go for 700 if say I shot it mostly at 6-700 so far but have gone to 1k and it did fine. I like it, if I pull it it will probably be to go to ffp. it's 23 ounces. I like it more than my lht, feels built better and my lht mag ring and parallax were unusable last season on a cold morning

The 2.5-10 nxs is another good option, 3-10 shv, 3-9 Swfa hd

EE623C21-4A35-45BE-AB5F-6A82A4CE98CE.jpeg
F72D1155-4B76-4704-A4F5-BCB6825306CF.jpeg

I have had issues with the eyebox on my NF 10x. It seems like you just can't ever get rid of the scope shadow. It centers up, but just never seems to look right. That said, I love it...but have talked to others that have said the same. You would want to get behind one before buying.

There is a Mil/Mil one on Rokslide right now and I have considered getting another, so I guess I don't mid it that bad... 🤣

At 22oz and bombproof it's a winner.