Scope recommendation/opinion on a lite Mtn rifle

I prefer 2nd on hunting and 1st on target. I Dial up on almost every shot even while hunting so hold overs are not a big deal for me. Nightforce has subtensions for half and full power for the 2nd focal. I actually only had 1st focal for years and transitioned some of my scopes to 2nd. I really like Mark and Sam on YouTube they shoot extreme ELR in Australia and he prefers to use 2nd focal plane. He shoots Nightforce ATACR.

My hunting isn't long range specific anymore so only about a third of the shots are long or in need of dialing. Still do a lot sfp hunting, but all have duplex type retifles. Sfp is several less lenses so weight and image darkness can be easier than ffp. Well executed reticle paired with ffp can really speed up time to get on game, but everybody has their system.

Im in agreement with you, have swapped out all sfp non duplex scopes. Nothing worse than having subtensions be off on a sfp scope on the wrong power. Ffp eliminates that error so if i pull up on something with my mag range anywhere in the zoom range holds are the same. Ffp hunting scopes are slowly coming out in more and more flavors, and it's a good thing.
I am headed this way too with alot of rifles.
I hate duplex, and most of my new scopes are all FFP. I am slowly getting newer better scopes on rifles, and except for a Leupold VX6 on a shorter range rifle, everything is going FFP.