Scope Levels, Favorite ?

Handymike

Hi Folks,
I'm new here, have been lurking for several months and finally have a question.
Do any of you use scope levels when in the field? I noticed at the range the other day that my scope was sitting off a few degrees and need to right it.
Any suggestions will be helpful
Mike

I like the Flatline Ops level they are not cheap +/- $100 but i have had the cheap ones not preform well in cold weather. the reaction time of the bubble really slows down making it to easy to over correct

I have one from Accuracy 1st and Vortex. I don't use either one anymore but if I decided to again it would be the Accuracy 1st.

Just a much nicer level. Less bulk. Here is a side by side photo. AC1 on right

Levels Vortex vs Accuracy 1st.jpg

Last edited:
I use this one , and I do like it . I can see it without moving my head out of shooting position . it folds in against the rail when not in use . this is the only level I have used .

Check eBay. You want one where the bubble fills all or most of the space between the 2 lines. I take a small box and cut a couple of v notches in it. Next I lay the scope in the notches and align the vertical crosshair with the straight edge on a building. Next I try to attach the level and adjust it so that the lines fit in the bubble when the vertical cross hair is aligned with the straight edge. Takes some patience but even tho many don't like them a top screw level is easiest to adjust. Now you know that/when your scope is level.

You will also need to pre-mount your scope so that you get the level just where you want it.

I have used both the Flatline and Holland scope levels on my rifles with good success over many years. The Holland is about half the price of the Flatine, and available on Amazon for $60.