Scope for CZ550 6.5X55

mwd

Considered a VXIII 4.5-14X40LR at $500 w/100 MOA Adj, but am leaning toward a Nikon Buckmaster 3-9X40 w/80 MOA($150 for hunting mostly) and add a Super Sniper 10X after I decide I like shooting 600-800 or more yards. I would use 1 scope for hunting in the woods and the other for long range hunting/targets.

I haven't been able to find an easy way to put a 20-30 MOA base/ring setup on this rifle, so the scope has to do all the adjusting.

There is also the option of a Nikon Team Primos/Monarch 3-9X40 at $180 but only 55 MOA (better glass than the BM, might be worth it to give up the 80 MOA since it would probably be able to dial in out to 700-800 yards if I am lucky.)

Oh wise ones, what would you recommend?

Last edited:
Get a 4.5x14 scope use it alot and be done w/it.

Look into the burris signature rings w/ inserts very nice and cheaper than high end bases and rings.

I have looked in the Burris catalog and emailed Burris and they don't make rings with inserts that fit the receiver dovetails on the CZ550.

I WISH they did! It would make a Buckmaster 4.5-14 or something similar just the ticket. Thanks for the reply.

I found that CZ-USA sells a 1-piece 19mm dovetail to Weaver base adapter (like the one on their sniper rifle.) So I CAN use Burris Signature rings sith posiAlign inserts allowing the use of scopes with less MOA adjustment. Looks like the Nikon BM 4.5-14X40 will work after all.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.