Scope choice

Zero arguments there. I agree, no way a $500 scope is as good as a $3000+ optic. You are a rung ahead of most of shooters.

After comparing lots of optics in various price ranges I have to say only three scopes had better glass than the $800 Bushnell 6500 4 1/2-30X50. That even includes the 6500 2 1/2-16Xs. I bought and sold four before I gave up on that one.

The three are S&B 12-50, March 2 1/2-25, and Swarovski z8i 2.3-18. No other Swarovski, Leica, Minox and other scopes that cost more than the 6500 matched it on the optics chart 127 yards away.

Scope choice
Got a 300 win mag custom being built by Mr. Dan Glover. It's a lightweight build with specs listed below:

Lone peak titanium action
Proof carbon sendero barrel (24 inch)
Mesa altitude stock (carbon)
Trigger tech diamond
Titanium brake

Having a tough time deciding on a scope. Was originally thinking NF NX8 4-32x50 but I don't really want a FFP scope due to hearing about visibility issues w the reticle in dark timber on the low end of the magnification range. Havnt totally excluded it, just looking at all my options. Specifically, thinking hard about a Zeiss V6 in 3-18x50 or the Leupold mk5 in 3.6-18. Anyone have experience with all 3 of these models or other recommendations for a scope with this type of build? Repeatability/tracking and low light performance are important to me.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.