Scope choice ?

I can't tell you much about the Burris, but I just got a 1 year old VX-6 3x18x44 in perfect shape for $775, couldn't be happier with it! Great glass, tracks great, great warranty. Great scope for the money!

I don't have the 3-15 but I have the http://www.longrangehunting.com/for...w-ballistic-e1-ffp-reticle-130833/index5.html on http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f22/my-budget-270-ai-97745/ and paid $629.10 ... very pleased with it.

GunBroker.com Message Forums - .270 AI's 1st big game harvest ...

BTW, I'm a big Leupold fan too but went with Burris; glass, warranty, and customer service is no slouch either.

Burris%20warranty_zpsxul6ciz4.jpg

Last edited:
Burris manufactures a good product and I can attest to that since I have two of their scopes. However, between the two mentioned I would go with the VX 6 since I am not a fan of FFP. Also, just ordered a VX 6 with TMOA reticle and should be here by Saturday. Reviews to follow.

Burris manufactures a good product and I can attest to that since I have two of their scopes. However, between the two mentioned I would go with the VX 6 since I am not a fan of FFP. Also, just ordered a VX 6 with TMOA reticle and should be here by Saturday. Reviews to follow.

Most of my scopes are Leupold and Burris and SFP s except for my last two purchases (Burris Veracity 4-20x50 FFP and SWFA 5-20x50 HD FFP) and I'm enjoying my transition. No problem with the change.

It boils down to personal preference and end-user's ability and willingness to adapt for their intended purpose.

I haven't used Burris either, but did get a VX-6 recently. It's amazing. I'm not a big fan of the turrets but those are going to be swapped out. After hunting season it's getting sent to Leupold for some "tactical turrets", which are similar to the M3s. If they end up being to my liking this will be about the perfect hunting scope. Excellent glass, good reticle (tmoa), light weight, and hopefully nice turrets. Can't understand why Leupold doesn't put the tactical turrets on at the factory but oh well.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.