Scary incident at the range

What caliber is that bullet??? It is LONG for 120 gr. Don't see any .224 bullets in 120 gr. Was it a 6.8?
Almosts looks like the bullet was stuck in the chamber and the case exploded back into the bolt.
Was there any obstruction the barrel?
Glad that you or someone else was not injured
Gun appears to have fired out of battery because ammo was nor suitable !

I have seen this happen many times, with many different calibers.
I have been a Range Safety Officer for many years.
I get a sick feeling in my stomach when I see a shooter plop down many different firearms and many different boxes of ammo on the shooting bench!

Bad practice. Don't do this!

I was embarrassed over repeatedly when new here resurrecting dust fart threads. This is a new level of WTH HUMOR. I'm staying in to see how long this humor lasts. Me says 20 pages.

I usually have 3-4 rifles with me when I go to the range. I used to keep the hand-loaded, but clearly marked ammo boxes together. I learned my lesson when I shot ammo in one of the two 22-250's I was load developing, that was meant for the other 22-250. I was fortunate they were the same caliber/chambering. Now, I keep each ammo box behind it's intended rifle on the rifle storage rack and bring both to the bench together. Much harder to mix up. I still double check that the combo is correct before shooting.
On another note, I once shot a round in a sighted-in rifle and made no hole in the target. Instead of assuming a miss or a bullet blow-up, I thankfully pulled the bolt to look down the barrel. Stuck in the barrel was the bullet, which I removed before firing again. As OCD as I am when reloading, I think I just missed a step (I'm human) and didn't put the powder in the cartridge. I learned that a primer has enough power to send the bullet part way down the barrel. Now, if I don't see a new hole in the target or recoil changes, the bolt gets pulled and I make sure the barrel is clear, PERIOD. Lesson learned.

Was shooting AR yesterday. About 10 or 11th shot the rifle blew up. I was shooting factory rounds from a reputable manufacturer (bulk box of 1000). At the shot I felt powder hit my face. The bottom was blown out of the magazine and several rounds in the mag were dented/deformed. Bottom of bolt carrier was mangled. Got home and got the bolt back and this is what is left of the case and the projectile that came out has me dumbfounded. Take a look at pics and tell me your thought please. View attachment 368915View attachment 368914View attachment 368913View attachment 368916
Please provide ALL details on gun make and ammo make.

It's kind of irresponsible to tell us about this without telling us the name/type of ammo so we can make sure nobody else has this happen, for god's sake man

FD52ABA9-734D-41EA-8054-17954BFA6955.gif
Baby laghing.gif
1631234696593.gif
CF57E9ED-8A66-418A-B784-2CCE309E056D.gif

Recent Posts