Doubting what I saw at the LGS

They can be quite hot. Especially the brush chopper fences. They can throw your heart out of rythym. And if you brush or scratch against it it will light your fuse.
I was crossing an electric fence as a boy to get into the pasture to feed The hogs. The crotch of my pants got caught on a barb in the wire. I was already tip toeing and every time I would try to get free my huevos took a jolt. Momma wondered how I tore the crotch out of my pants when I got home. I've never wanted to break free from something so bad in my life.

I can't remember the exact malfunction on that electric fence, but it seemed like a direct short circuit to wherever it was plugged in. There was no voltage step down, no current limit and no timer. It was always on at full blast.

I can't remember the exact malfunction on that electric fence, but it seemed like a direct short circuit to wherever it was plugged in. There was no voltage step down, no current limit and no timer. It was always on at full blast.
We had a guy get killed by a center pivot like that. A short energized the entire pivot and the pivot quit working. He went out to work on the pivot and touched it not knowing.

Last edited:
I've shot varmint bullets from a 22-250 through soft steel.
I worked up a FJM 22-250 that punched through 1/2" AR50 at 75yards.... didn't shoot many, and yeah the brass was showing a little stress.

Don't have the plate anymore but here is the slug it popped out the back side...lol

Attachments

• 20230308_190901.jpg
    20230308_190901.jpg
    813.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 20230308_190916.jpg
    20230308_190916.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 45
I have yet to punch any holes in ar500 1/2 plate with m855 ammo (lap). It barely dings it. 300wm at 200 years does more damage than the green tip does at 50 yards. At least the plates I have anyways.