What to replace the 6.8 SPC II with

Yeah, the 300 blackout is underwhelming at best. I guess if hogs were to suddenly storm the hunters position it might allow him or her to kill them inside the 50 yard line before they scatter his or her parts all over the pasture and feast on the remains. :D

Personally... I think the .223 is a decent cartridge for hogs. It's a cost effective round, a good suppressor makes it quiet enough that hearing isn't affected that much (eh...), and it kills them...

We're pretty much on the same page. Good discussion.
556 is an easy button on hogs, even with m193 or m855

In my experience you are wasting your time trying to reliably kill animals with subs with anything less than a big bore AR like a 458 Socom, 450 Bushmaster or .50 Beuwolf. Anything smaller just doesn't have the energy unless you can guarantee head shots every time.

I've gotten lucky and killed a few hogs at Bowhunting distance with my 300BO and subs but if you get even a marginal shot they will run off. You have to remember shooting a 220-240 grain bullet at 1050fps or less has about the same energy as a hot 45ACP but you don't have the advantage of a larger frontal diameter nor expansion (with most rifle bullets).