Any 6.8 SPC shooters here

Discussion in 'AR15/10 Rifles' started by Bkmuschalek78, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Bkmuschalek78

Bkmuschalek78 Well-Known Member

Just finished assembling my second 6.8. I used a Mcgowen 7.2" barrel on this one and I'm looking for some opinion on optics. I run a 4x-16x on my ARP 16" but I'm torn between a red dot or magnified on the pistol. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg to buy a scope but would like a nice optic.

2. MudRunner2005

MudRunner2005 Well-Known Member

No, I never drank the Kool-Aid... I went 6.5 Grendel, and have been happy ever since. :cool:

As for optics... I run a special SWFA SS scope they don't offer anymore... It's a 3-15x42 with their MQ-DMR reticle with a 2" sunshade and a Tennebreaux kill-flash setup in a Vortex CM-202 mount. Sadly, they don't make that particular scope anymore, but it's a smoking optic, and has a built-in range-finding reticle setup. For a DMR/Sniper/LR setup, that scope is the way to go. You might can find one online somewhere, but I strongly give a thumbs-up! Contact Dillon Hazelwood over at SWFA, and he might still have one in stock, or know how to get a hold of one. Tell him MudRunner2005 sent you. Can't guarantee the success, but it's worth the shot. ;)

Bkmuschalek78 likes this.