Savage ultralite

If looking for stiff and lightweight check out MPI. They made a carbon one for My Savage that only weighs 20 oz. Top notch fit and finish.

Here' the stock:

Muary2.jpg

A few years ago I'd have said McMillan, but they only do Magnum Fill now. I wish I would have bought an Edge fill stock about three years ago.

Not sure on budget:

Manners does short action Savage stocks but you have to do the mini chassis.

Bell and Carlson
HS precision

There's some chassis options as well, if you're interested in that route?

The factory stock on your rifle is pretty lightweight. There's no aluminum bedding block, like their other accustocks. Most options I looked at awhile back added weight. Some added significant weight.

*You'll have to find the right combo of action screw spacing and top bolt vs bottom bolt release. Unfortunately Savage has tinkered with their actions enough it's not as simple as just ordering a short action Savage stock.

This thing shoots AMAZING! And I have a pile of custom rifles that shoot consistently at .5 moa to compare it to …. However it is ugly! I bought it for the weight not expecting much in the accuracy dept but am really surprised. Not really looking to spend manners type of money but am def considering the BC as it's only a few oz more than the factory stock. Other than custom ordering the BC is all I was able to find.

You could try Stockade Gun Stocks. I've purchased aftermarket parts for Savage from Kevin, no issues there. His stocks sell quickly on the used market, but I haven't heard great things about his lead times on new stocks.

This thing shoots AMAZING! And I have a pile of custom rifles that shoot consistently at .5 moa to compare it to …. However it is ugly! I bought it for the weight not expecting much in the accuracy dept but am really surprised. Not really looking to spend manners type of money but am def considering the BC as it's only a few oz more than the factory stock. Other than custom ordering the BC is all I was able to find.
Maybe just get the stock dipped or coated? I personally wouldn't trade away the accufit stock because of the LOP and cheekrest adjustments. Those two adjustments add a lot of weight in the custom stocks. If it wasn't shooting great I would suggest bedding the recoil lug but that seems like a non issue.
My moms ultralite shoots around .5 and I haven't done load development. I just loaded a standard book load and let her fly.

This is my moms ultralite, I think it's a good looking rifle.

Attachments

• BF7B9FD5-0FC5-405C-ACC4-A44D8FAE0891.jpeg
    BF7B9FD5-0FC5-405C-ACC4-A44D8FAE0891.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 229
I cant agree more with Tidus 56. Paint them yourself and have some fun with it. Then they are your own design and far more personal. There are some really good kits on the market and way cheaper than new stocks!

Last edited:
No way in hello would I change a single thing if any gun of mine shoots what I consider great not even paint it. Obviously you are intent on changing the appearance no matter what. In your situation and basis for wanted change painting/dipping is what I would do. Mine is 28 Nosler shoots 160AB's under .5" at 3350fps. It does not like any of the high BC bullets I would hunt with if OAL fits in the magazine.

Maybe just get the stock dipped or coated? I personally wouldn't trade away the accufit stock because of the LOP and cheekrest adjustments. Those two adjustments add a lot of weight in the custom stocks. If it wasn't shooting great I would suggest bedding the recoil lug but that seems like a non issue.
My moms ultralite shoots around .5 and I haven't done load development. I just loaded a standard book load and let her fly.

This is my moms ultralite, I think it's a good looking rifle.
Who did the stock? I like the idea of having it dipped.