Savage ultralite

I built my own about a year ago from a 270 lightweight hunter with a 26" proof 8.4 twist 7mm rem mag barrel. I had to change out the bolt head. I put a titanium bolt arm & carbon fiber bolt knob on it along with a titanium muzzle brake. Weights 6lb 11oz. Shoots 180s really well.View attachment 189372View attachment 189373
Comes in right around 8lb 4oz scoped. Just under $1700 invested in rifle, scope & everything.

I wasn't overly impressed with the smoothness of the bolt. I looked at most of the savage line up and the
I bought the Savage desert tactical in 6.5 PRC and I will note as well the action is grittyier than any other Savage I've had before. Having said that it's also shooting 1/2 moa consistently. There are actually heavy Machining marks on the bolt face. I own a whole pile of savages and so far haven't seen nothing like it before. I'm just glad it shoots

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts