Savage ultralite

Featherweight thumbhole inletted for a winchester model 70. I have seen where people have done some significant material removal and gotten them down to well under 2 lbs, but as they sit, the featherweight thumbhole is about 2.6 lbs. View attachment 312054
I had a buddy who wanted the lightest stock for his savage so put one of these on his rifle. We hogged off all the material we could in the barrel channel and extended the lightening cuts. We still only got his to 2# 4 ounces. I would be curious to know where you removed additional material to get under 2#.

I had a buddy who wanted the lightest stock for his savage so put one of these on his rifle. We hogged off all the material we could in the barrel channel and extended the lightening cuts. We still only got his to 2# 4 ounces. I would be curious to know where you removed additional material to get under 2#.
Credit to member "cohunt". He stated 27-28 oz on this one. Should have specified not necessarily the thumbhole, but similar modification MIGHT be possible on it.

20200520_053609.jpg