Savage ultralite

Who did the stock? I like the idea of having it dipped.
Savage, that's there factory ultralite stock on the newer ultralite. But getting it dipped would be simple. There are lots of places that do it. I bet you can find a local place pretty quick. It will cost 150 or so I bet.

My gunsmith, straitjacket armory, does a great job. After they dip it, they do a clear cerakote on it to protect it. Costs a more because of this, but is super tough. They have like 350 different patterns to choose from. Most gunsmith, or places that hydro-dip things, should have just as many or more options I would think.

He's a couple paint jobs done to the Savage Accustock from an old thread on this site. Really nice IMO:

20180203_082435.jpg
sav02.png

Cost...all about cost. If I remember correctly the camo started out right near 100 more now it's 250 more. If they went up too much more they are pushing to reduce sale numbers on rifles.

I didn't weigh the stock prior to putting it on. With the stock, rings, and scope it comes out to 8.8 lbs on a bathroom scale. Scope is 22.4 oz and the rings aren't anything lightweight.
Savage Ultralight is advertised at 5.8 lbs.
My 28N weighs 6lb 5oz and Savage claims 6. I've seen worse factory claims and as usual it weighs more as I expect.

Recent Posts