savage help

hellbound

building a 111 LONG action in 300 win mag. it came with detachable box mag . can not find anything readily available for it( needed now) . also ammo i want to use is 3.53 COAL and looks like it will be super tight in mag. how can i convert and to what, so i can buy a better stock and use the ammo i want ?? HELP!!!!!

cant find a drop in aftermarket stock for long action and dbm available(ex: bell and carlson or similar) . then realized ammo will be tight in mag. so i need to convert to diffferent mag style which lots of stocks for blind or internal mag are easily found. help !! i need some technical advice so i can switch, and soon!!

IIRC, CDI makes a bottom metal that uses AICS 300win magazines that will allow 3.6". But, something will have to change on your action. The magazine opening is only 3.5".

Last edited:
Check out Stockade stocks. McMillian, H-S will make and have long action available I believe for Savage. CDI is a good suggestion. Stockade Stocks also make their own bottom metal that might oblige. That is the only problem with Savage. They have a very limited market for LA stocks. They are out there.

Tank

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.