Savage 110 Reliable? Weaknesses?

I have one flat back 110, a .270 I purchased in 1968. Still have it. Ten times smoother than anything recent. I finally rebarreled it couple years ago when I found an ERShaw .270 SS 24" barrel in clearance for $149 in Midway Only thing wrong was small oil bottle missing from bubble pack. Shoots great. Heck the old trigger adjusted fine and nice 2 3/4lb.

Savage 110 and 111, and 11, have been good to me. It is a budget design receiver. And the trigger may suffer from this ? Not a problem for me. The screw on barrel is interesting but I don't swap out barrels. If ya already acquired it take it out and work it hard. Not overloaded rounds, just shoot it. Mine are plenty accurate but all are 20 plus years old.

Fun Fact about Savage actions. If the rounds bind up while trying to chamber, where you have to stop and let pressure of the round and then continue pushing forward on the bolt to chamber the round...

Bevel the ejector 30 degrees (ish) towards the firing pin hole. It is a weird one to understand. I don't care about the why it works, I just know how to get it to work and feed reliably. That slight bevel of the ejector makes it smooth feeding. One can just push the crosspin of the ejector, remove and run it along a bastard file a few 5 swipes. Reinstall and you should have a smooth feeding action. It is important to use a sharpie or nail polish to mark the spot on the ejector that faces the firing pin hole. This spot can be lost easily once the ejector is removed. You only want to bevel once!

There must be a dozen or so Savages in the closet=not one of them stock,they all needed tweeked for one reason or another!
Savage makes a good enough prairie dog/bench gun but I hunt with anything else!
Hopeing to get to Alaska this year myself but the Savages are staying home.
The action is just too clunky, the safety to fickel, the extractor and ejector too weak and the acutriger? Not bad if you remove the blade.
Can they be made to work, heck ya but your just polishing a turd.
Just my opinion based on years of trying to make them a fine gun.

Have vintage 1990s 110, never had problems, the barrel had tooling marks in it but it was an accurate rifle reliable rifle in 300 win mag about a .5 MOA, re-barreled to a 338 win mag, shoots through the same ragged hole at 100 yards, modifications, timney trigger, pillar bedding, glass bed, limb-saver pad, new barrel has a good brake on it. I have no complaints.

What is its real job? Stroking your ego? Or ... stacking bullets?
Where does it do that job?
What are your complaints?
What else would you like it to do?
How does it shoot?
What else matters?

If you want a shotgun that gets a 18" pattern at 200 yards, I've got an old .30-40 Krag that'll do ya' ...
Drop a bullet down the barrel, and it'll never touch the sides. But ... it'll put 'em all in an 18" circle ...
But if you want something that will attract onlookers and BS'ers like flies ... it's your money.
My old Savage is a 1-holer if I feed her right.