Sako A7 Long Range - 7mm rem mag

ahiaring

Does anyone on here have any shooting feedback? My good buddy bought one today at cabelas for some long range shooting. I got to play with it while he was filling out paperwork. Really nice rifle. Finish is very good and has a top notch BC stock, trigger was pretty darn good for a factory rifle. Seems like it would be a good competitor to a Remington Sendero.

It might be as accurate, but unless it's got a 26" barrel, I don't see it competing side by side with the Sendero... I know most of those European rifles don't like more than a 24" barrel for some reason?

I can't give you any input on the rifle itself, but you DID pick a great caliber.

Sounds like a cool rifle. I'm impressed it has a 26" heavy fluted barrel...Most european brand rifles don't believe in a barrel linger than 24".

Gun is built on the A7 action (refined/better built tikka t3 spin, but with a 3 lug bolt)Has a 26" matte fluted barrel that contours verryyy close to a sendero contour. Has B&C Medalist M40 Stock in olive green and black webbing. Trigger is adjustable between 2-4 pounds. Sako guantees 5 shot MOA out of the box at 100 yards. Action is as smooth as any other tikka/sako rifle. Comes in 25/06, 7mm Rem, 300 Win.

My buddy is going to bed his, mount a scope, and go shoot. Kind of anxious to see results. Not a lot of reviews going around on the rifle.

If the .25-06 comes in a 1:10 twist, sounds like a it would make a good candidate for Ackley Improving, since the 700 LR is impossible to find right now, and Sendero SF .25-06's are nearly non-existant for under $2,000 for the bare rifle.

According to the Sako website, it has a 24.4" barrel which is a little less than ideal for any of those chamberings if you are trying max out velocity potential. I think it would still be a great shooter though, my T3 Varmint in 6.5 Swede shoots awesome and it has a similar barrel on it.

Its a variant of the roughteck range model on the link you gave. But it is a 26" heavy fluted barrel. My buddy took his apart to bed and it is the M40 B&C Stock.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.