Rust Bluing or Cerakoting

E

etisll40

Can a blued barrel be stripped down and then rust blued?

Same question, can a blued barrel be stripped down and then cerakoted?

Who could do either here?

Thanks

S

shortgrass

LRH Team Member
Yes, and yes. But you don't have to strip a blued barrel before Cerakote, just blast good with aluminum oxide. I can slow rust blue or Cerakote.

E

etisll40

Yes, and yes. But you don't have to strip a blued barrel before Cerakote, just blast good with aluminum oxide. I can slow rust blue or Cerakote.
I'm trying to compliment a rust blued Encore frame I bt on ginbroker a few years ago, TC did that one. I bought a 45-70 Barrel and thought I'd like to compliment it in looks. Maybe I could get them out and send you a picture. I'm happy to do whatever makes them look similar. Your thought? Can I send you photo's of each. Whatever I do I want to order another barrel from MGMachine and have the same done with that too. Ed

S

shortgrass

LRH Team Member
98% of the time both the frame, barrel and all the metal parts need to have the metal finish (whatever it might be) applied/done/blued all at the same time. You can send pics if you'd like, but photos usually don't do justice to metal finishes. PM sent

Last edited:
E

etisll40

98% of the time both the frame, barrel and all the metal parts need to have the metal finish (whatever it might be) applied/done/blued all at the same time. You can send pics if you'd like, but photos usually don't do justice to metal finishes. PM sent
I'll send some pictures, they do look quite different, the rust blue is pretty so that's the direction. I may just order a barrel in bare metal from MGM, probably easier to match up and I want a longer barrel anyway. This one is new and never shot so pretty easy to sell. {robably put it up for sale tomorrow too. This one is a 45-70 at 24", I want to go to 30" .

antelopedundee

antelopedundee

Or Birdsong Black T or Green T

https://black-t.com/applications/

ioas6Z0.jpg