Running 7 SAUM IN LONG ACTION

I had a 6.5 SAUM on a long action. I used the Long Action HS Precision bottom metal with their 6.5x284 magazine. The magazine is a long action size but has a spacer in the back. You can run 3.1" COAL in stock form. You could remove the spacer and shave it down to get more than 3.1" COAL.

I've been thinking about a switch barrel rifle. This system would work well for a SAUM/6.5PRC but with a switch of the barrel and magazine and you could be running a 28 Nosler, 300 Win Mag, etc.

Not very many pictures of the magazine. It's the one on the bottom of this image. Spacer is held in by the screws (see picture).

1650464650388.png

I had a 6.5 SAUM on a long action. I used the Long Action HS Precision bottom metal with their 6.5x284 magazine. The magazine is a long action size but has a spacer in the back. You can run 3.1" COAL in stock form. You could remove the spacer and shave it down to get more than 3.1" COAL.

I've been thinking about a switch barrel rifle. This system would work well for a SAUM/6.5PRC but with a switch of the barrel and magazine and you could be running a 28 Nosler, 300 Win Mag, etc.

Not very many pictures of the magazine. It's the one on the bottom of this image. Spacer is held in by the screws (see picture).

View attachment 359681
I did this with a 28 nosler, 6.5 prc and 7mm saums. Works great