Rumor has it....4-20x50 vx5hd..?

Il work on that for the NF. I ditched Leupold 15+ years ago when they couldn't understand matching turrets/reticles or the concept of a decent reticle. Not to mention tracking.

NF glass left something to be desired on the NXS series but the ATACR and NX8 lines have exceptional glass on par with any other company.
How do you like the more compact size of the 2.5-20? Do you feel that the ffp hinders you in any way for hunting? What about the added weight for a hunting rig?
I have several gen 2 razors as well as SB and usoptics, so I am no stranger to the weight or FFP. I'm asking purely for hunting. Keep in mind, I am in SC and a heavy rifle like the ones pictured above are less than ideal.

Nx8, mk4, NXS and an atacr. All pigs except for the mk4! Also looks like you favor tactical rifles over traditional hunting rigs. Nothing wrong with that at all, but I'm putting this glass on a Carbon stock hunter. Weight matters to some. And from what I saw this am, I'd say it's better than my NXS and on par with my PMII at 15 power. The vx5hd is a dedicated hunting scope so dialing will be minimal at best.

Looks like the NX8 2.5-20 is 28.3oz. The loopy is 23.5oz. The weight doesn't bother me.

I love the compact size and FFP. Makes life easier with clip on NV/Thermal.

I don't have any problem picking up the reticle for hunting and it is illuminated so you can always just turn that on.
Eye box can be a little tight on max magnification. The ATACRs have a more forgiving eye box but they don't have a 8x zoom ratio and they weigh more.

I really like having a 2.5x bottom end for closer shots.

There a 4-32x NX8 also

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.