Sightron S-Tac 4-20x50

I have a STac 4-20X50 with the MOA2 reticle and am very happy with it. The MOA2 reticle is good and the dot appears to be .25 MOA - just about right. I think the glass is better than the Vortex Viper 6.5-20X50 that I had but not as good as my Leupold 6.5-20X50 VXIII. The Sightron STac 4-50X50 is sort of big & bulky with rough edges but works well. I think the glass is more than adequate, tracking is very precise. To get better I would need to spend at least 2 times more. Looking at black painted steel covered with dust in deep shade at 300 was OK with the Sightron but the Leupold 6.5-20X50 VXIII was slightly better but the Leu equivalent would probably go for $1,000 - $1000/$300 = 3.33 times more but better finished. I don't especially like how the windage dial is marked on the Sightron, continuous numbers vs R-L from 0 but can live with it.

Here is a photo of the Sightron mounted on a FN Mauser, 6mm Rem. Generally, real happy with no regrets (no buyer remorse).

IMG_1757.JPG

Keep us posted on the Camera Land deal as to shipping & other.

My current set up on my other bergara is an older 4-16x44 viper HSLR SFP and it is great in low light so if the Sightron is better, I may have to give it a try. Thank you all for the input. There isnt much info on a google search about them other wise.

My only complaint with my Stac 4 x 20, is that the FOV seems a little narrower. I do really like the scope though. I own two s3 8 x 32s, one s5 10 x 50 , one s8 5 x 40. Amazing scopes. I personally have not found a better scope brand for the $$$. Very happy with them all.

I love the Sightron s-tac scopes I have 5 of them. I replaced all my Leupold vx3i 4-14x40 scopes with the s-tac 4-20x50. They are dollar for dollar the best scopes available for under $1,000. I have one of the first focal plane 4-20 s-tac scopes and it is good too but I prefer the second focal plane better. The glass is not a bright as other scopes but the build quality is far and away better than all scopes in the price range and much better than the more expensive vortex viper scopes. The s-tac scopes compared to the sIII scopes are like comparing the Nightforce SHV to the NSX. Both great scopes one just has a few compromises to lower the price.

Recent Posts