RL26 vs H4831 for 280ai

I used to run H4831 in my Cooper 280 AI with a 168 Berger. Shot good, but was kind of slow. In my new 280 AI I'm shooting 140 AH at over 3300 FPS with H100V. Also with a 23" barrel. I think I'd also try the R26 first with that bullet. Many guys also have good results with R23.

That was kinda my concern with the 26 especially living commifornia with the late heat waves we can get here but the flip side is we gotta use copper so the extra FPS can be helpful

H4831 is my stand by powder for my 280AI, I now use RL23. It provides good velocity and great groups with the Barnes 145 LRX. With the heat here in CA a powder needs to temp tolerant for me to use it.

H4831 is my stand by powder for my 280AI, I now use RL23. It provides good velocity and great groups with the Barnes 145 LRX. With the heat here in CA a powder needs to temp tolerant for me to use it.
Yup same boat as you gonna be raining in the 60s this weekend then mid 90s next weekend

That was kinda my concern with the 26 especially living commifornia with the late heat waves we can get here but the flip side is we gotta use copper so the extra FPS can be helpful
Myself and others have found that 26 likes to run up at the ragged edge of pressure. So just do your due diligence and try to find a load you're happy with as far from early pressure signs as possible. Running .5 under ejector marks can lead to nasty pressure in high temps. You could also look into Badlands BD-II bullets with substantially higher bc's so you can back off the velocity a little and still be lethal at longer ranges

Depending how far you want to shoot, the Absolute Hammers will give the extra velocity. The BC suffers though. On game performance has been great. I'm in Canada so the last thing I'm worried about is heat during our seasons! More worried about freezing up in a tree stand.