RL23

If you use H4350 you'll probably love RL-23. I get identical velocities between the 2 in 6XC with identical charge weights. RL-23 has been less temp sensitive than even H4350 for me (I shoot mostly in the desert but live near the coast so it matters). It's excellent stuff with 1 little problem... it will not dispense volumetrically to save your life. Really. To save your life. You'll have to dip and weigh for every charge.

I had to look up what it was good for on the alliant reloading site. Inferior to R-26
RL23 is "temp stable" in comparison to RL26. Not sure why anyone might think it is inferior to RL26 but would like to know specifics of your thoughts and experience.

RL16 is "temp stable" and slower than H4350, and RL23 is slower burn rate than both.

FE35DE07-5E16-4C79-B4C6-0AE29FF9965F.png

Kimber7man, in the 6.5 saum 140 berger at 3210fps in the 7 saum 162 eld-m right now at
3060fps both with HBN.

RL23 also good in 6.5X284

Sorry for the late reply, I started with new Lapua brass and 50.5 grains, worked up to 52.4 and stopped there. This load is on the edge of pressure signs (slight ejector marks) and is safe in my rifle which is a 6.5x284 Savage LRH. The consistency has been outstanding in regards to accuracy and average velocities. I have been using a CCI BR-2 primer to get things started, again safe in my rifle, please work up slowly.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts