RL 26 and VV powders

Like with so many things it's an issue with supply chains which then causes hording which then stresses manf capacity which is further stressed by supply of raw materials. That's what looks to be happening with Lapua brass. They just cut half their offerings. There are only two reasons dedication to other cases (mil contracts) and or because of limited brass alloy supply. My guess is the latter. It would not surprise me one bit if there was plenty of supply of these powders and the issue was importation. These powders are in good supply in other countries. Consider what political forces controls fed agencies currently. That would include customs

Last edited:
In our loading n560 has run grain for grain with rl26. Mainly compared in 6.5 prc.
Where you have a larger capacity case ,with a larger caliber is where N565 andN570 may be better than N560 . I have found that N560 is as good as you can get with The 6.5-Prc and about any 6.5 cal with that case fill down too the 6.5x55 .

Where you have a larger capacity case ,with a larger caliber is where N565 andN570 may be better than N560 . I have found that N560 is as good as you can get with The 6.5-Prc and about any 6.5 cal with that case fill down too the 6.5x55 .
I also think N560 is more temp stable than R26 . I worked up some loads in 96 degree temp with no pressure spikes.