RL-26 and 6.5-284

Occurred using beginning load Hornady Data of 51.4gr 143 ELDX, once fire Nosler brass, CCI-200, 84F/humid. 3185 FPS! Case head separation, other half stuck in chamber, extractor broken, ejector destroyed, gun did what it was supposed to do and bodily harm. Repaired it, tested the next day, made some adjustments to charge and seating depth, almost the same result over 3100FPS, done with RL26. This particular rifle does not like any bullet/powder combo over 2950FPS, I re-characterized it this weekend, since last summer, with new Nosler brass, 140 BTHP Match and H4831sc & Retumbo.
The almost identical situation in a factory Rem700 300RUM, fine 82F and below, 82F and above it gets nasty real quick.

Occurred using beginning load Hornady Data of 51.4gr 143 ELDX, once fire Nosler brass, CCI-200, 84F/humid. 3185 FPS! Case head separation, other half stuck in chamber, extractor broken, ejector destroyed, gun did what it was supposed to do and bodily harm. Repaired it, tested the next day, made some adjustments to charge and seating depth, almost the same result over 3100FPS, done with RL26. This particular rifle does not like any bullet/powder combo over 2950FPS, I re-characterized it this weekend, since last summer, with new Nosler brass, 140 BTHP Match and H4831sc & Retumbo.
The almost identical situation in a factory Rem700 300RUM, fine 82F and below, 82F and above it gets nasty real quick.
I use 57 grains of reloder 26, havnt had any issues. But I use Lapua brass, not a big fan of the nosler brass in this cartridge

Like the saying goes: "I'm just not that into you 6.5x284 Norma". It's accurate with the loads I'v tried, just the velocity ain't what I had expected, topping out in the 2950's. I'v a particular 6.5 Creedmoor with a 26" barrel that easily pushes the same bullet to into the 2870fps with H4350& RL17. I'l just leave this rifle as is for now and maybe do High Power Matches with it? Decided to go with a 6.5PRC, most likely in the Ruger Hawkeye Long-Range Target, if I can locate one...

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.