Ring Height Help Please

scsims

Could someone help me with ring height info for the below rifles. I'm thinking of getting Burris Signature 30mm Zee rings.

1. Remington 700 action
Bartlein M24 contour barrel chambered in .308
Weaver 20 MOA picatinny base
Sightron Siii 6-24x50mm
Butler Creek caps

2. Savage Model 10 .308 win
Factory Varmint barrel
Weaver 20 MOA picatinny base
Vortex PST 6-24x50
Bulter creek caps

Bolt handle clearance with the Buttler Creek cover is a possible issue. Medium Sig Zee rings should be sufficient. The 30 mm tube will be .205" above the rail.

I rarely need high Sig Zee rings on a rail mount. If your rail extends too far toward the objective bell, maybe the extra .125" will be necessary.

When in doubt, I use modeling clay to hold the scope in place while I check for clearance and measure the tube height.

Could someone help me with ring height info for the below rifles. I'm thinking of getting Burris Signature 30mm Zee rings.

Spend a nickel and call Burris. Give them your rifle and scope info and they'll give you what you're looking for as well as their part number and who will most likely have them in stock.​

Attachments

• 6-24x50 PST MOA 2.jpg
    6-24x50 PST MOA 2.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 85
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts